- This event has passed.
Pollinators & Poetry: Writing Workshop for Youth
September 4 @ 1:30 pm - 4:30 pm UTC+5$50
This workshop takes place in-person at Confluence Park.
Masks are required to attend!
Calling 6-8th Graders!
Spread Your Story in this Creative Writing Workshop with Andrea “Vocab” Sanderson and Aminah Decé.
- The workshop includes 3 Saturday sessions: September 4, 11, & 18, 2021 from 1:30–4:30PM.
- The registration deadline is Thurs, Sept 2nd, 2021.
- This class is limited to 20 students
- Masks are required
- Sponsorships are available through San Antonio River Foundation
San Antonio middle school students are invited to write and learn about the San Antonio River in a three-session workshop hosted by Gemini Ink and the San Antonio River Foundation. Under the guidance of SA Poet Laureate Andrea “Vocab” Sanderson and Teaching Artist Aminah Decé, participants will explore the role of pollination in the river’s ecosystem through the creation of original stories, poems, and visual art pieces that will be printed on broadsides. On the last class day, families will be invited into the workshop to listen to participants share their nature-inspired work, and on October 16, the students’ broadsides will be displayed at the Pollinator Festival at Confluence Park!
San Antonio’s Poet Laureate, Andrea ‘Vocab’ Sanderson, and poet, educator, and artist Aminah Decé will lead three Saturday sessions at Confluence Park, where students will engage with prompts, writing exercises, and river education.
Two Ways To Register:
2. Pay $50 here.
3. Sponsorships are available through San Antonio River Foundation. Email sponsorship inquiries to Sara Ramirez at email@example.com by Sept 2, 2021. Write “Confluence Workshop Sponsorships” in the email subject line. In your email please include the following:
* Parent & student names
* Contact email and phone number
* A paragraph as to why you are applying for a sponsorship