Support the writing and reading community in San Antonio. Whether you have $10, $100, or more to give, it all adds up to supporting the programs your generosity has allowed us to provide.
Our end-of-year campaign goal is to raise $15,000 by December 31st. Can you help us reach our goal?
Thanks to the generosity of Dr. Karen Waldron, we have a matching gift of $5000. That means your donation this season goes even further!
Share your tax-deductible donation to help Gemini Ink transform the lives of San Antonians one story at a time. Whether you have $10, $100, or more, your gift supports programs that empower a 2nd grader to discover a love for writing or an experienced writer to complete her first novel. In a city with a 25% illiteracy rate, our programming to underserved communities can be life-changing. We are your literary home, and we are here to serve you.
Gemini Ink’s mission is to teach the craft of writing to people of all skill levels so they can bring their stories to life. As San Antonio’s writing arts center, we provide a supportive home for readers and writers of all levels through our online and in-person workshops and literary community. We believe everyone has a story and writing that story is powerful. Our strategic vision is to teach 12,000 people how to bring their stories to life by 2023.
Gemini Ink’s programs serve children, youth and adults across San Antonio. We serve an estimated 4500 participants annually: 83% take our programs free of charge, and 67% of those served are people of color. With 25% of households in the city under Federal poverty and a population 63% Latino and 8% African American, our outreach into all corners of the city is especially significant. For 27 years, we’ve increased San Antonians’ access to the writing arts, grown literacy, and built joy in and engagement with reading and writing.
Everyone has a story. Help us bring those stories to life through the writing arts: Each donation impacts a life!
- $25 pays for a vulnerable child, youth or adult learner to take 9 instructional hours of creative writing.
- $50 funds teaching artists to create free video lessons for youth available on our YouTube channel. Help us keep kids going!
- $100 pays for a high school student to attend our April 2021 Autograph Series luncheon and meet the leading literary voices of our time.
- $250 pays for 2 Cary Clack scholarships to make our Public Classes accessible for all community members.
- $500 keeps our literary lights on by helping us pay for our rent and utilities during this unprecedented time.