Support the writing and reading community in San Antonio. Whether you have $10, $100, or more to give, it all adds up to supporting the programs your generosity has allowed us to provide.
Gemini Ink’s mission is to teach the craft of writing to people of all skill levels so they can bring their stories to life. As San Antonio’s writing arts center, we provide a supportive home for readers and writers of all levels through our online and in-person workshops and literary community. We believe everyone has a story and writing that story is powerful. Our strategic vision is to teach 12,000 people how to bring their stories to life by 2023.
Gemini Ink’s programs serve children, youth and adults across San Antonio. We serve an estimated 4500 participants annually: 83% take our programs free of charge, and 67% of those served are people of color. With 25% of households in the city under Federal poverty and a population 63% Latino and 8% African American, our outreach into all corners of the city is especially significant. For 27 years, we’ve increased San Antonians’ access to the writing arts, grown literacy, and built joy in and engagement with reading and writing.
Everyone has a story. Help us bring those stories to life through the writing arts: Each donation impacts a life!
- $25 pays for a vulnerable child, youth or adult learner to take 9 instructional hours of creative writing in our Partner Classes program.
- $50 funds teaching artists to create free video lessons for youth available on our YouTube channel. Help us keep kids going!
- $100helps to underwrite our Gregg Barrios Teen Writers Mentorship Program, which allows high school students to work one-on-one with award-winning authors.
- $250 pays for 2 Cary Clack scholarships to make our Public Classes accessible for all community members.
- $500 supports Gemini Ink’s year-round free author talks, open mics, and craft lectures.