Volunteer Position: Monthly Open Writers Lab Facilitator–Fiction
Gemini Ink, San Antonio’s Writing Arts Center, seeks a facilitator, beginning in spring 2022, to oversee our monthly writers lab for fiction writers.
- Must have experience leading critique groups.
- Must have a background in the craft of writing fiction, and be a fiction enthusiast!
- Must have excellent people skills, be able to navigate diverse writing styles, and create a supportive community around the fiction writing process.
- Willing to do outreach on part of this monthly writing lab and send monthly email reminders to lab members.
- Be able to facilitate this monthly offering in-person or via Zoom, depending on COVID-19 safety protocols.
- Be available for a set monthly meeting time, such as the 3rd Thursday of every month, 6:30-8:30pm.
- Check out this link to the current description for our monthly poetry writers lab: https://bit.ly/31B4wyz
- A Gemini Ink Facilitator would possess the following:
Good writing & editing skills.
Strong interest in education, creative writing.
Great organizational skills
Works well both independently and as part of a team
Attention to detail
Flexible & compassionate with writing lab attendees.
Reliability and ability to communicate effectively with Gemini Ink staff.
Willing to have periodic check-in with the Program Director.
Good at problem-solving.
If interested, please submit:
A 3-page writing sample of fiction, such as an excerpt from an essay, short story, flash fiction piece, or genre-blended piece.
A CV or resume outlining why you would be a good fit for this position
A one-page introductory letter telling us who you are and why you are interested in becoming the Open Writers Lab Fiction Facilitator.
Submit via Submittable by Friday, December 17, 2021, 11:59pm CST, to be considered.
You will have the opportunity to take three free classes per year.