Everyone has a story. Help us bring those stories to life through the writing arts: Each donation impacts a life!
- $25 pays for a vulnerable child, youth or adult learner to take 9 instructional hours of creative writing.
- $50 funds our free virtual author series, The Big Texas Read, which brings top-notch Texas authors and literary conversation right into the homes of our audience members!
- $100 helps to underwrite our Black Lives Matter Scholarship Fund, launched by 2020 Texas Poet Laureate Emmy Pérez and co-organized with Poets Against Walls. The scholarship supports black writers by making our Public Classes accessible at any stage of their writing career.
- $250 pays for 2 Cary Clack scholarships to make our Public Classes accessible for all adult community members.
- $500 supports Gemini Ink’s year-round free author talks, community open mics, and craft lectures.
Gemini Ink’s mission is to teach the craft of writing to people of all skill levels so they can bring their stories to life. As San Antonio’s writing arts center, we provide a supportive home for readers and writers of all levels through our online and in-person workshops and literary community. We believe everyone has a story and writing that story is powerful. Our strategic vision is to teach 12,000 people how to bring their stories to life by 2024.
Gemini Ink’s programs serve children, youth and adults across San Antonio. We serve an estimated 4500 participants annually: 83% take our programs free of charge, and 67% of those served are people of color. With 25% of households in the city under Federal poverty and a population 63% Latino and 8% African American, our outreach into all corners of the city is especially significant. For 27 years, we’ve increased San Antonians’ access to the writing arts, grown literacy, and built joy in and engagement with reading and writing.