Our hearts and thoughts have been very much with Turkey and Syria, we can only imagine the terrible loss of life, home, and more that this natural disaster has caused after 7.8 magnitude earthquake rocked southeast Turkey near the Syrian border on February 6, 2023. Our deepest condolences to all the families and people suffering from the devastating earthquake, and we understand that the needs are still huge.
According to worldvision.org: Close to 18 million people in Turkey and Syria have been impacted by the disaster, with over 55,000 dead and nearly 130,000 injured. Millions have been displaced from their homes, with over 10 million in need of urgent aid.
Although we are not in the position to be an efficient resource for sending out relief boxes, we feel we can best support those in these countries by sharing links on social media of trustworthy and vetted charities that are equipped to help bring needed supplies and crucial medical and other kinds of support to those most affected by this catastrophe.
Send an emergency gift at these donation links:
- Syrian American Medical Society Foundation — https://www.sams-usa.net/
- Center for Disaster Philanthropy — https://
- Plan International Inc. — https://plan-international.
- Direct Relief— https://www.directrelief.
- American Red Cross — https://www.redcross.org/
- AHBAP ( a reputable, non-gov, civil organization)
SWIFT code for international wire transfers: ISBKTRIS
USD IBAN TR320006400000210212150262
- AFAD ( Turkish Ministry of Interior, Disaster and Emergency Management Presidency)
- AKUT (Turkish Search and Rescue Association)
- Doctors Without Borders
- Empowering Turkish American Community
Thank you for your support and generous contribution!